People describe Chennai as a city, but Madras is a feeling. Through this article, we will try to connect you to the soul of Chennai. Through the article Places to Visit near Chennai for Couples, we will learn some of the stories related to these places.
A couple can plan their side trip from the city of Chennai. All places are near Chennai, some of them are near and if you have 2 to 3 days, then we have mentioned some places for you near Chennai only. Chennai is actually full of fun and you must explore places near Chennai as well.
Pondicherry is a city, 151 km away from Chennai. It gives a similar look to French influence and architecture. It is a place where you will find so many places to create memories with your partner.
- Places you must visit in Pondicherry- If you love beaches then you can go to Paradise Beach. Wanted to have a conversation then you must visit the Gandhi Memorial. Almost all couples love natural beauty and adventure as they want to explore more with their partner. Then you can go to Chunnambar Boat House and Seawall. However, if you are in the mood to have a romantic then you can go to New Banana Restaurant and Cafe.
- Cultural Places – Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple and Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple
- Spiritual Ashram– Auroville and Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Mahabalipuram is the oldest place in India. If you and your partner are fond of history, then you are going to love this place. It consists of a structure as old as the 7th century. However, it is only an hour away from Chennai. We can rich to this place by car, bus, or any cab. October through March are the most enjoyable months to visit. It is considered one of the most beautiful places in Tamilnadu. It is also a mixture of beaches as well as rock-cut cravings.
- Best places to Visit- Shore Temple, Seashell Museum, The Five Rathas, Arjuna’s Penance, Butterball, crocodile farm, Lighthouse, Mahabalipuram beach, Sunsets.
- Things to do– Get funny pictures with Butterball, explore caves, discover hidden ponds, and watch the sunset at the beach.
- Food– Idli, dosa, sambhar, Kesari, Payassam.
Kishkinta Theme Park
Kishkinta Theme Park is 37 km away from Chennai and from the airport of Chennai, it is only 13 to 15 km away. You can book a cab or taxi if you want to get there faster. This theme park is considered one of the best parts of southern India, where you can discover the childish part of your partner. It is equally important to be romantic and childish with each other. Sometimes, feeling immature also gives great satisfaction. To add beauty to its place, it consists of terrains, Picturesque, rides, and many other things that make this place more beautiful and enjoyable. It is one the best known and is best between the 5 Places to Visit near Chennai for Couples.
Famous Rides- White water ride, 3D Theatre, and Zyclone.
- Time to Visit- We can visit the theme park between March to June. As the temperature is quickly high at this time, we can enjoy the most at this place. Between July to September, you can face rainfall. And other months the temperature becomes less near 15 to 20 degrees Celsius, at this time you will not be able to enjoy everything in the park.
Yelagiri is a place known for its tea estates. It is 227 km away from Chennai which has an amazing lake park. Most people visit this place to spend a piece full time over here because of the manmade lake in the middle of the town, Punganoor Lake. This lake has a boating facility and also a fountain in the middle of 60 square meters its place. It is better if you visit as early as possible because a lot of crowd you will able to see while boating.
The adventure park is also the key attraction of this place. Couples who want to do adventure things around the world must visit Yelagiri. A lot of different activities you will experience in this park. However, it will be a great weekend, if you plan for Yelagiri.
More places to visit- Fundera Park, Jalagamparai, Trek to Swamimalai, Jalakandeswarar Temple, Nature Park, and Perumal Temple.
Best time to visit- The best time is when the temperature is not too high, between November and March.
Vellore is a place in Tamilnadu, known for its heritage, located 140 km from Chennai & also known as Fort City of Tamilnadu. Whenever you plan a package, Vellore is always included in it. Vellore Fort built in the 16th century, is the most significant place to visit if you go to this place. Before it was a place where so many battles had taken place, but now it is a place where you can find peace.
Moreover, it is a place where you can plan for picnic spots, temples as well as forts.
- More Places to Visit- Vellore Fort, Sripuram Golden Temple, St John’s Church, Periyar Park, Tipu and Hyder Mahal, Kaigal Falls, Arcot and many more.
- The best time to Visit- December to February would be the best time to be at Vallore.
- Food- Muttai Semiya, Chicken Semiya, Beef Biryani, Beef Chop, Ambur Biryani, and Ambur beef steak.
Nagalpuram Falls Trekking is the main attraction of Nagalpuram. In this waterfall, we have 3 more waterfalls, which come our way one by one. One who came here carries a wonderful and ultimate experience with them. The first waterfall is 10 feet deep in between and around you will experience 4 to 5 feet. However, be safe with your friends. Always try to plan this trip with a group of people.
The Second one is 10 to 15 feet deep, which means it is quite risky. But if you know swimming very well then you can touch the falling water. Third Waterfall, consists of pure water, not recommended for swimming. If you love nature, then its a heaven for you. Yellow arrows are given on the trek through which you can reach every location.
- More places to Visit – Triumala, Govindaraja Swami Temple, Chandragiri, Kanipakam, Srikalasti and Nagalapuram Falls.
- Best Time to Visit- November to April is the best time to visit.
If you are tired and want to enjoy yourself with your partner then these places are best for you, if you are near Chennai. Reading about all such places will make you pack your bags and head out of your home. Once you visit such places, this will become the most iconic part of your life.
If you are an employee and just want to spend time with your partner, then these places to visit near Chennai for couples are best for you so, if you are in Chennai planning a trip then you can definitely these destinations.
More Information – thetourfit.com